Friday, January 14, 2011

Project 1: Part 1

Nearly finished with my song for the first project. Spent about 3 hours in Logic. The song is based off of a loop I made on my loop pedal a few days ago. Sounds a hell of a lot like Tell'Em by Sleigh Bells. Here's some specifics...

Software: Logic Express 8
Song Name: Don't Tell'EM 
Key: Probably D minor
Tempo: 139
Instruments: 3 Guitars, Bass (maybe), Hip Hop Sly Kit (played via Axiom 25 Midi Controller), Vocal?

I have a few more songs in mind if I can't find a poem to fit the tone of this one. 

Speaking of which, my brother suggested a poem. It's called "I saw a man pursuing the horizon" by Stephen Crane. Funny, short poem. Cool thing about it is, if my bro hadn't told me it was funny before I read it, I probably would've found it kind of sad.

Here's the poem...

I saw a man pursuing the horizon;
Round and round they sped.
I was disturbed at this;
"It is futile," I said,
"You can never-"

"You lie," he cried,
And ran on.

No comments:

Post a Comment